Happy Thursday Everybody! I am heading to New York as we speak and I am BEYOND excited! One of my best friends from college is getting married and I get to spend time quality time with family, friends and clients over the course of the next six days. In true Walker-Sinning fashion Cory and I are meeting at the airport on his layover, flying to New Jersey before going our separate ways a whopping 48 hours later. AHHHH the sacrifices you make for love and real life face time.
Like most millennial couples we are doing what we have to do now to set us up for the next chapter in our lives. We are constantly on-the-go, but make sure to find the time to play! We are heading to the Dominican Republic for an adult ‘spring break’ in a few weeks and in my excitement I have started to shop for everything from dresses to swimsuits to cover-up’s and sandals!
They opened a Saks Off 5th right near my house and next to the place where I get my hair blown out. The convenience has seriously become an inconvenience to my bank account. LOL They carry so many of my favorite activewear brands like: Alo Yoga, PRISMSPORT, Reebok and more! SAKS Off 5th carries tons of essentials to help you hit the gym in the latest trends. They are always stylish, on-trend and affordable!
But today, we are not talking about leggings or sports bras! We are talking about dressing an athletic figure for a night out, a wedding, a date or a sunset stroll on the beach. Dressing for anything other than a sweat session.
If you have an athletic body type you are most likely a rectangle with little boobs, existent thighs and a booty! Now don’t get me wrong here. I am in NO WAY body shaming myself or anyone else’s athletic body.You see, I love my body. I work hard for my body; however, there are times when a little nip at the waist and the ability to have cleavage wouldn’t hurt darn it! (AMIRIGHT?)
While trying on clothes yesterday I decided that I would do a post on dressing for the athletic figure. If you are slim people assume you can wear anything, but just like any other body-type you want to dress in a way that is the most flattering and gives you the most confidence!
HERE WE GO…
- Go for a slimmer cut or Brazilian bottom to show off that peach! Smaller bottoms make your thighs appear slimmer and I a firm believer that a round/toned bottom should always be kissed by the sun!
- Shy away from cups. I used to buy bikinis that were more like wonder bra’s than bathing suits and I would end up with space between the cup and my boob. Go for a string bikini for lift or something strappy and sexy with support sans underwire.
- Stick to two pieces. Some one pieces are VERY…I repeat VERY sexy on athletic bodies, but they have to be super high cut and also offer upper body lift. Make sure to try before you buy because although they are on-trend they can also make athletic figures look like a box with stubby legs.
- Ladies with little boobies can WORK a plunging neckline. I love to use these nipple petals or these adhesive breast lifters to help the girls out and keep everything PG.
- Sweetheart necklines can be your worst enemy. Remember that wonder bra swimsuit situation I told you about? I usually have to fill every bridesmaids dress up with massive padding just to pretend to have cleavage.
- Opt for halter (my favorite), asymmetrical, turtleneck or plunging necklines!
- Cinched at the waist. A dress that I can add a belt to or one that has a seam at the waist to give me curves is a dress I can get on board with!
- A halter flared dress will help give you a waist, show off your toned arms and legs and will give you the appearance of a more curvaceous body!
- Bodycon dresses can also give you the illusion of a curvaceous body! A bodycon illusion dress can take you to the next level!
Check out the video above and let me know your favorite places to dress and impress!